Friday, August 5, 2011

Assignment 1 Part 1

1. Character

Robot Name: Flash

Flash thoughts:

"I used to be so fit and fast... but now, I'm stuck here in this dump."

"Another boring day at work. Why must I do this? It's always the same old crates going by one every 3 seconds. I wish something could happen that will make this horribly mundane life exciting again!"


2. Storyboard




3. Self-Critique

I think my animation would be quite interesting in showing how Flash finds out that his daily routine will not be so ordinary after all! In my storyboard above, it can be said that at scene 1 I staged a scene that the factory life was typical and boring, and following up with a story that shows how the belt malfunctions rather than going straight into the actions without developing a stage.

However, I do realize that my storyboard lacks key poses done by Flash and mainly illustrates on how the story flows instead. I think that storyboarding is of utmost importance when it comes to large movies and animations, but for this small animation, I did not really draw how the camera will look like at that specific frame. However, when I start on the animation in Maya, it is indubitably important that I develop the animation by capturing the key poses, personality and key poses of the speedy Flash when in action.

I used the principle of animation staging in frames 1 - 3 where Flash is shown to be looking at the box and shaking its head and picking up the box, this will tell the audience that Flash will definitely pick up the box.

I used the principle of secondary action in most of my frames where Flash will be shaking its head and moving its body while twisting around picking up boxes to show a more natural flow and give "life" to Flash.

Arc; Flash will carry boxes by following a certain arc to imitate gravity to increase the realistic value of the robot.

Around the last frames, I used the principle of slow in slow out that will make all the boxes slow down and increase Flash's speed of picking up. Before that, I also used the principle of staging where Flash roars before slowing down the speed of the boxes.

Lastly, using the principle of exaggeration at frame 5, Flash will jerk its head back suddenly to show the emotion of shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment