Friday, July 15, 2011

Week 11 Lab 1

. : : Process : : .

Exercise 1:

After creating the polygonal plane, cube and sphere, I aligned the ball at the to the right as shown above and set the keyframe to 0 and pressed S to add the keyframe.

Next, I aligned the ball above the polygonal cube and added a keyframe at intervals of 20. (0 - 20 - 40 - 60 etc)

Next, I added another keyframe at the location above.


I made the ball 'jump' slightly before ending.

Using the graph editor, I set the tangent to linear so that it looks more realistic when it bounces.

We must not forget to set the playback speed to realtime 24fps or else the ball will bounce extremely fast.

Lastly, to record the video, I had to select playblast.



Here is the result of the ball bouncing

Exercise 2:

Add a keyframe at 0 at that position
Change the position to mimic the ball bouncing a certain distance and add another keyframe at 15. (15 intervals)
Add a keyframe at 30 at the location shown above to mimic the ball bouncing back up and following the principles of animation, the ball cannot bounce higher than its original drop height (unless a force acts upon it)
At keyframe 45, I set the ball to this location. This few steps are repeated to form several arcs where the ball will follow.
I set the graph to linear so that it looks more like real life.



The video for the ball bouncing.

. : : Learning Outcome/Techniques/Reflection : : .
I've learned how to use, set , delete, copy and duplicate keyframes which will benefit me when doing animation work. I also learned how to use the graph editor to manipulate the curves to make the bounce look more realistic.

Furthermore, I also learned how important it is to set the FPS to realtime 24fps and learned about PAL, NTSC FPS as well.

At first, I did not know how to take a footage of the animation, but with the playblast, we can easily record these animations and post our results here.

Now I know how important our first lab was - the principles of animation plays a very large role in developing smooth animation (like the ball dropping) and how to follow the law of gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment