Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 11 Lab 2

. : : Process : : .



I created the sphere and follow the instructions by grouping it twice and then locking out the specific functions that we do not need to edit.

After that, for the animation, I followed the table given to me and got a decent bouncing animation.

Keyframe No.

Translate X

Translate Y

1

-12

5

12

-9

0.5 (ground)

25

-6.1

3.9

37

-3

0.5

50

-0.2

2.8

62

2.7

0.5

75

6

1.6

87

8.8

0.5

100

12

0.5


However, the bounces will not look realistic without setting the tangents to linear.
(Done in the previous lab, thus no screenshot)

Here, I set my keyframes at intervals and changed the factor value to mimic the squash and stretch.



In the video, as you can see, I didn't emphasize the squash and stretch. But it is still fairly visible.


. : : Techniques/Reflection : : .

The techniques used to do this exercise has been mostly covered by previous exercises.
But here, we learn how to lock attributes and use a deformer to mimic a rig on the ball.

Locking attributes are useful when you don't want any other value to change when you edit a specific object. I think that this will be useful when we start to do more complex animations.
I don't really see the point using this feature when we do a simple animation though.

Deformer in this case is useful so that we don't have to manually scale the ball (or flatten it) manually which can result in uneven and inconsistent squashes and stretches.

No comments:

Post a Comment