Sunday, May 1, 2011

Toy Blocks Modeling









Tools used



I manually edited the polygons using vertex, extruding, faces etc. For the second(the toy train)model, I used the boolean(difference) and extruding to dig into the main body of the train(the two holes).

Well, in this exercise, I found it very easy and the only thing that I found that is noticably important was the boolean->difference.








Using the boolean difference tool, you must click the main square then shift-click the cylinder then apply the tool.





I created a sphere using the polygon sphere tool and sliced it into half. I then manipulated the vertices on the top to make it flat. This method is also used to develop the green block of the train.


Reflection
I found that in this exercise, I practiced more of texturing rather than how to manipulate the shapes as most of them are still in their primitive form. At first glance, I found out that there were lots of primitive shapes used and actually said to myself "piece of cake" - well... It actually was.

For example, the green body of the train was jus a basic scaling and moving of certain vertices.
I joined the rectangular body of the train to the green and blue blocks rather than extruding them from the main base. the wheels and blocks were done the same way.


However, as you can see, I used a range of different textures in this model such as Blinn, anisotropic to create a certain shine to the model.



Toy Blocks;

Click here

Toy Train Isometric;

Click here

Toy Train Orthographic;

Click here

Toy Train Isometric(Simple Textured) w/ Render view;

Textured:Click here

Render View:Click here

Wanted to do shaders, but didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment